Give it a listen!
May 08, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
Before doing the task, practise here
Now listen to the dialogue and do the task
А8. The idea of becoming a photographer
1) came to Chris after seeing big sculptures.
2) was the result of his work with sculptures.
3) made him lose interest in sculptures.
A9. Chris assisted the photographer who
1) had the latest photographic equipment.
2) gave Chris valuable professional advice.
3) used to ask Chris challenging questions.
A10. According to Chris, working as an assistant is a good way into a career because you can
1) get a better understanding of the profession.
2) learn the basic techniques of taking pictures.
3) make friends with a lot of talented people.
A11. The reason for buying a plastic camera was that it
1) allowed him to take original pictures.
2) was not very expensive.
3) was light to carry around.
A12. Chris uses the phrase "That got the ball rolling" to say that
1) he became popular with the dancers.
2) he suddenly got very rich.
3) his art became more dance-oriented.
A13. Chris goes to the dance performances because
1) the choreographer recommends him to see the piece.
2) it is always interesting for him to be at the premiere.
he wants to find the links between them and his workPraktika3(2)_Medvedeva_E_S
May 08, 2013 09:46 AM PDT
Before doing the task, practise here.
Now listen to the dialogue. Which of the statements are true (1),false (2) or not stated (3)?
Al. The job gives Lisa an opportunity to travel abroad.
A2. The check-in process at the airport makes Lisa nervous.
A3. Lisa always feels comfortable during the flight.
A4. When on business trips Lisa doesn't have to work long hours.
A5. On her business trips Lisa signs a Jot of important contracts.
A6. Lisa spends a lot of money in duty-free shops.
A7. There is a computer in the business lounge for passengers who want to do some urgent work.Praktika3(1)_Medvedeva_E_S
May 08, 2013 03:29 AM PDT
Before doing the task, you can practice here.
Listen and match the speakers and the statements.
A. The speaker feels unhappy about changes in her/his former classmates.
B. The speaker thinks that uniforms give students a tidier look.
C. The speaker is unhappy with his rich classmates' attitude to expensive gifts.
D. The speaker says that his school building is inconvenient because of its size.
E. The speaker says that students prefer casual clothes to school uniform.
F. The speaker thinks it depends on the person what type of school is better for her/him.
G. The speaker thinks private school gives better opportunities to study different subjects.Audacity_2+ Medvedeva
April 30, 2013 08:57 AM PDTAudacity_1+ Medvedeva
April 30, 2013 08:52 AM PDT
The beginning of the fairy-tale "Llittle Red Cap".
Background music: Little Red Riding Hood by the HappyApeMountain Crest High School
April 22, 2013 05:47 AM PDT
Listen to the interview with Greg Hamilton, a teacher from Mountain Crest High School, USA and do the task. Which of the following statements are true, false or not mentioned in the interview?
a) True b) False c) Not Stated
1. There are more than 1500 students in Mountain Crest High School
2. Greg Hamilton is a teacher of Spanish and ESL
3. Mountain Crest High School offers its students a large variety of sports and other activities.
4. Sports are compulsory
5. Greg Hamilton wishes parents paid more attention to their kids' education
6. Greg Hamilton doesn't like the school building.
7. Greg Hamilton is against the school uniform
Here you can practise your listening skills, getting ready for the USE.
Subscribe to this Podcast